Thursday, October 8, 2009

Craft or Crap?


I love holidays. I love decorating for the holidays. I'm excited that it's October and time to get out all of my Halloween things. My mom cleaned out her basement this summer and found something for me to add to my collection. I made this wreath years and years ago. I got the idea for it all on my own--it's made using the orange plastic bags that newspapers came in. I even knew at the time it wasn't the classiest of projects; it was more for fun than anything else. I never thought the end result was that bad, but I also realize it's kinda junky. My mom said, "either take it home or I'm getting rid of it." Not my precious art! ;) I rescued it and it now hangs on the door that leads to our garage. I'm not crazy in love with it, but I think it's maybe sorta cute. I asked Rusty, "craft or crap?" He settled on "crappy craft." I tend to agree. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I love it! And I love that you took the time to make it! Super cute, definitely keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I love it, I think I love it in spite of and perhaps because of it's crappy craftiness. Very ingenious. Keep it.

    ReplyDelete